May 9, 2008

The end..and the beginning






May 9, 2008 Yesterday kind of marked the end and then again the beginning. The end of the school year and the beginning of summer. Kinsey preschool had a Mother's Day party at the church. We had craft time and lunch and then the children sang two adorable songs and gave us our gifts. They made cute little candle holders, but what was even more adorable was the scrapbook that one of the mothers put together and photocopied for each child, personalized with a few pages about each child and their family. My favorite page was "All about my mom". Some of the higlights from the teacher's interview with Kinsey was that when asked my age, her response was "she's old like you Mrs. Susan" and my height was "tall like Daddy's truck!" Apparently, my favorite color is orange (yuck), Daddy's favorite TV show was "my Daddy doesn't watch TV" (oh really?!?) and Jack's job is to wear earphones?!? Kinsey's really going to miss her school and her two teachers.

After school, we went to the Miller's house to try out the pool for the first swim of the season. I was thrilled that Kinsey still knew how to swim and wasn't afraid of the water. Max is going to be a handful, however (imagine that), because all he wants to do is run around the deck of the pool. In his defense, the water WAS a little chilly. Hopefully, he'll chill a little in the next few weeks.

We are headed into a busy weekend. Tonight we'll celebrate Mother's Day with Jack's side. Tomorrow, I'm running my second 5K and attending our Nanny's fiance's UGA graduation, then we will head to the lake to celebrate Mother's Day and my mother's birthday. I'm sure I'll be exhausted by the end of the weekend.

No comments: