May 15, 2008

Busy little nothings

What a busy week this has been, and there is more still to come. Kinsey got a treat getting to stay with her Nanny and Papadad (and Granny) at their house on Lake Keowee until late yesterday afternoon. Some of her highlights included a "Fancy Nancy" dinner at their clubhouse for Nanny's birthday, some hot tub fun, and a fishing trip where she caught TWO fish. Hopefully I will post her fish pictures soon. While she was gone, Jack and I found a new minivan which was delivered today and ready for pickup tomorrow. So, I guess it's official that I'm a soccer mom DORK! I must admit that I am excited about the dual DVD with 3 continuous cartoon channels and the nav system that also doubles as a photo viewer and MP3 player. The gadgets are all helping me adjust to what is going on here. No mid-life crisis yet, though, so that's good. I've also spent the week ironing as well as getting ready for a wedding shower than I'm hosting Sunday for Jessica. Tonight, Jack is being honored at a local high school awards banquet and Saturday we are going to Atlanta for a big dinner concert for his work as well.

Kinsey's last day at her preschool was today and I snuck in for their goodbye party and snapped a few pictures of her having fun in the inflatables and snacking on "nanilla" ice cream.




In other news, Max woke up with a pretty high fever this morning, but the trip to the pediatrician just discovered a sore throat. I guess that's good news! And, oh yes, ONE more day until the last week of school for me! YEA!!! However, these are the hardest days of the year. For example, today was supposed to be field day, but the weather had other plans. Try deal with 250 13-year-olds who came to school ready to play all day! Agh!

No comments: