May 24, 2008

ANOTHER goodbye :(


This week finished the last week that Max and Amelia (aka Baby Mela) stayed together. She and her family are moving down to south Georgia. We have had a wonderful year and were so blessed that our precious babes could stay together in our home. You would not believe that we didn't have one single day all school year where we had to take a day off of work due to illness (babies OR babysitters). Quite an amazing feat! We are still hoping to find a similar arrangement for next year, so pass the word!

Well, summer has officially begun as of 3:30 yesterday--at least for the students! Teachers have two days of post-planning until we are out of there! So how am I spending my first weekend? Graduations. Kinsey and I attended one ceremony last night, we are all headed to a celebration party this afternoon for a cousin and then I will be going to a third one tomorrow night. I was also able to squeeze in a Saturday morning Boot Camp since we have Memorial Day off. Let me tell you--now I KNOW why I go at 5:30 in the morning and not when the sun comes up. I think I really almost passed out two or three times because of the heat. The crazy thing was my car thermometer only read 73 when I was headed home! I guess I'm a temperature wimp!

No comments: