Jan 10, 2010

Birthday Blessings

As I was on the road for most of my birthday yesterday, I has a lot of time to think and reflect on things. Jack was home sick with food poisoning we think and my day started very early in order to get everything done and everyone ready. So, needless to say, I was tired and definitely had my moments of frustration. But in the end, this is the revelation that I had...

While I was frustrated that Jack was home sick, I felt blessed to be a family with two parents...

When I got angry that I was still in a rental car a month after my wreck, I was thankful that I was not injured and that the kids were not with me...

When I was tired of driving, I counted my blessing for having a close family that celebrates big events together...

When my kids were arguing and fussing with each other, I was reminded that God blessed us with two very healthy, beautiful children with no complications...

When I was over the bitter cold weather, I felt so lucky to have a warm home to go home to and appropriate clothes the protect me...

And when I was lonely going to my birthday dinner stag, I was soo grateful to have wonderful friends to help make my night so wonderful.

Thank you everyone for making yesterday a great and memorable birthday!

3 comments:

JTP said...

what a great attitude!

Laura said...

you're awesome sis!

catherinegreene said...

lovely thoughts Elizabeth