Jan 19, 2010

100 and bats--thank goodness not 100 bats!


Today was the hundredth day of school and the elementary kids always do something fun to mark the occasion. Kinsey and I decided to make brownies with 100 marshmallows on top last night. She also decided she wanted to pull out her 100-day hat from last year and wear it to school.

So, after baking and baths last night, we were putting the kids to bed. As I walked out of Max's room into the hall, closing the door behind me, I saw something flying up and down the hallway. Instinctively, I hit the floor, curled up and screamed like a little girl! Jack tells Kinsey to go in our room and shut the door and he heads upstairs to help out. All the while, Max is in his room yelling "What goin on out der?" So Jack says he thinks he saw the nasty little thing fly into Kinsey's room. We muster up some bravery and go in with a broom trying to find it. Nothing. We shake the blinds, check the closet and poke at the bed. We call for back up. Enter two (useless) Jack Russells. Nothing. We spent about 30 minutes checking the whole upstairs to find nothing. We had decided that it must've escaped out the tiny crack that leads up to the attic. So, we move on. I go back in her room, reach high up on her shelf to get the 100-day hat for her to wear when I hear this evil growling/clicking noise. Again, run out of the room screaming like a little girl! Long story short, Jack "man's up", goes in ther with gloves, a broom and a box and knocks the bad boy down, traps him and releases him outside (much to Kinsey's dissapointment as she suggested a new pet.) The funniest part of the night was after all was said and done and the bat had flown away, we were getting ready to start the bedtime process over again when I stepped in a big pile of dog poo (barefooted) that the said JR's had left behind. Kinsey, howling, says "This is the best night EVER!"

3 comments:

JTP said...

my heart was racing just reading that- I would have died...we had a mouse once and I begged Chad to take me to the Hyatt... ahhhhhhhh the dog poo made me giggle though

lara said...

Hilarious!

Donna E. said...

Is Kinsey still selling girl scout cookies? There are several people at Down's that want some and I have been waiting to buy them from her. Tell Kinsey I miss her so much! Let me know. Thanks Donna