Mar 17, 2009

Luck O' the Irish



Happy St Patricks Day to all the little leprechauns out there! I tried to find something fun and interesting to do with the kids this afternoon in honor of this fun holiday. All I found was a Snake Celebration (in honor of the legend of St Patrick driving all the snakes of Ireland out to sea) at a local nature center/zoo. So, load up the car and give it a shot. Turns out the snake program was not too impressive (although we did see a few cool snakes at close range) and Max was ready to move on to bigger, better things! So this trio took a stroll through the zoo and bobcat- and bear-watched awhile, then headed for the playground. Since the sun hasn't been seen in days, everyone and their DOG was out today, so the most exciting part of the park for the kids was getting to meet all the pooches--shih tzus, boxers, labs and a teeny tiny 5 week old pup! Headed back home, we were still on the lookout for some Irish fun when we saw a band set up outside Chic-Fil-A. Good enough! So dinner at CFA, followed by close to an hour of peaceful playground time with just my two (that never happens) and a little jam session while enjoying our green lemonade and green ice cream. So the band??? None other that our old fav John Berry's two sons and friend. I fun little chat with John himself (Kinsey said "I like that old man") and more southern rock with two happy kids grooving to the beat made me feel like the luckiest mom on the planet!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love it!

JTP said...

what a great picture of the three of you- you look so good! I love how Max has his hair combed to the side.... I hope WDP's hair will do that- :-)

Anonymous said...

Hanging out with John Berry on St. Patty's Day. Too funny! :D