Mar 29, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now the Rain is Gone

At least for the time being. And boy, has it ever rained! But we sure need it! What a long, wet week this was, but no doubt full of things to do and fun to be had. A couple of my conversations from this week: Kinsey telling me about the "wind peels" in her new garden touch-table at school (ya know, the rainbow spinny things on a stick?) and also her deciding she didn't want to play soccer anymore, that she had decided on a different sport--ping pong. This perplexed me for days--where she might've learned about ping pong and become so interested in the sport. Finally, when she brought it up again, she told me she wanted to play ping pong, "you know, like John Scott and Jacob play, Mommy." TRY TEE BALL!!! :) After a fun-filled week of working nights to help the Junior League get ready for its big Bargainza event this weekend, I was ready to relax come the weekend. Yeah right, like I actually thought RELAXATION would enter in the picture. We have had fun though. Friday night was a family date night with our favorite twins and their parents to Mexican dinner and a new dessert spot. Turns out the kids were not impressed with the Italian ice, but the adults liked the change, I think. The highlight of the night was the kids' raindance in the parking lot puddles. Too cute!


Saturday with nothing but torential downpour in the forecast, we invited Kinsey's bud Hannah out for a movie and sleepover. After the movie, we decided to take in a quick trip to the pool, too. We were thrilled that Max had not lost his, um, "passion" for the pool (in fact, he may be a little too enthusiatic since one time, he jumped in without anyone there to catch him.) Our biggest concern was that he would pitch a fit at having to wear earplugs now that he has tubes, but we were pleasantly suprised that he didn't care one bit. Bring on the summertime!!!
As the new week comes in, we're getting ready for Kinsey's first soccer game, an Egg-stra special birthday party, and mostly SPRING BREAK at Myrtle Beach. T minus 5...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww......that was so fun! And as I watch I understand why Jack said he thought he knew where JS got his love of puddle-jumping. I'd only like it with boots, by the way!

JTP said...

I'm with you on the T minus 5 :-) Of course spring break for me will be yard work and building a new sandbox :-) I love the puddles and pool pictures :-)