Jan 13, 2009

The Wheels on the Bus...


OK, so this is probably only news-worthy to parents, but Kinsey took her first ride on a school bus yesterday. Seeing as how she's hardly even ever been out of a carseat other than our annual Lake Lanier Lights trip, this was a big deal to her. It gave me chills as she practically had to crawl up the giant steps thinking of her being in elementary school in just 6 short months.

This "big event" was also marked by my first basketball coaching loss in my 6 years of coaching. Since I've only been and assistant coach, this was also only my second game that I have ever coached alone in my 6 years! :) Still, I guess that makes me 1-1 which isn't all that bad!

So I decided to take Kinsey "on the road" with me to our game. After the initial excitement of the bus ride, she soon got bored. It wasn't long before the sugar from many concessions that the middle schoolers fed her kicked in and she was wide open again.

For me, the game was exciting, even though we lost. We did go into overtime and in our defense, we only had 6 players to their 13, and we definitely were at a disadvantage after playing a full 4 quarters. All in all, my gals put up a great fight and entertained my little superstar as well!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Just a big reminder that the baby girl is growing up, ready or not!