Nov 16, 2008

ZOOMA and more!



So today was my big day! After training with an amazing group of women for 10 weeks, I completed my first half marathon today and am very proud of my accomplishment. Part of the Zooma Women's Race series, today's innaugural race included 1600 athletes. My goal was to simply run the entire 13.1 miles without walking, but when I caught a nasty cold bug this week, I didn't think that was very realistic. My sickness, combined with the 29 degree wind-chill weather and the hilly Atlanta course didn't deter me and I didn't slow down ONCE and managed to run the race in 2 hours and 20 minutes, averaging under 11 minute miles. I am very excited. Who knows, maybe I'll do this again! ;)

A special shout out to Ali, the chick who got me started in this whole Boot Camp/Half Marathon stuff. She completed her first half in Texas today fighting for a great cause--finding a cure for Crohn's and Colitis. GO GIRL!

In other news, we had a busy weekend full of pictures. We took the kids to a new photographer, an old college friend of Jack's and mine, and I think by our "sneak peek" we may have gotten a few really cute shots. Check out this link to her blog to catch a glimpse--Holland Photography The Blog . Also, we took the kids to the Junior League Marketplace to see "Ho Ho." Max liked the big guy from afar, and showed signs of warming up, but Kinsey was in awe. She looked up at him with a big grin and asked for her one wish--a small elephant figurine from Rainforest Cafe to replace the one she lost at Myrtle Beach this summer. If anyone lives near this restaurant, there will be a high premium paid if you can come up with this item!!!



1 comment:

JTP said...

we have a rainforest cafe....what exactly do you want from there.... :-)
ps- congrats on the race! what an accomplishment! asheville has a great 15K (9ish miles) in May around the biltmore- look into it. and it's a flat course :-)