Apr 24, 2008

Job Perks



Being a middle school teacher has a zillion job perks! This is one of them. I felt like a rock star as I pulled up to Five Guys Burgers and Fries in a stretch Expedition limo full of 11-year-old boys. I have never turned so many heads! Ha! Yesterday was our fundraiser reward party and since 7th grade planning period overlaps with lunch, I was one of the fortunate chaperones of the trip. Only 4 more weeks until summer!!!

A few funnies from the kids this week--one night, Kinsey and I were playing "I'm thinking of something" and it was her turn. I should start by saying that until recently, we have played this game describing animals. Anyways, she says "I'm thinking of a person who bites her nails and says 'What do you want for breakfast Kinsey'". I guess I now know my true role in Kinsey's eyes now--the fixer of breakfast and nothing more! Another sweet thing was today, Kinsey's school had an early Father's Day party and one of her "gifts" to her daddy was a certificate that said "If I could do anything with my Daddy it would be..." and Kinsey's response had been "bowling". Aww!

No comments: