Mar 24, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conferences

I can't believe I'm old enough to now be the "parent" part of this meeting, but yes, we had our first conference today for Kinsey. Don't worry, all parents got one, not just us! :) I was a little worried, however, when the teacher's first words were "Ah, Kinsey, the little spitfire", but then I was relieved when she started tearing up and told me she was going to cry just talking about her and that she brought so much life to the classroom. Some of the highlights of the conference were that Kinsey accurately identifies all her shapes, animals, letters, etc. She did great counting to 12 (she gets stumped at 13--but rather than being wrong, she stated "OK, I'm tired now"). They asked her to identify her ankle and she pointed to her wrist, but said "wrist" (a little defiant, huh). But my favorites were the fill-in-the blank. Brothers are boys, sisters are ... Girls. Mommy is a girl, Daddy is a ... Boy. Daytime is light, nighttime is ... Sleepy time! And last but not least, Turtles are slow, rabbits are ... FUNNY BUNNIES!!! :) Oh yeah, and by the way our phone number is 245 and her birthday is three! If only all the conferences in her future could be so funny!

No comments: