Jan 26, 2008

What Happened?!?

January 26, 2008 I think the croup is God's way of taking a family that is too content with everyone's health and shaking them up a little. Last night, Kinsey was PERFECTLY fine--no cold, no cough, no nothing. She went to bed right after her bath in a great mood. At a little before midnight I heard her trying to scream. I knew something was terribly wrong. I got up to her room and she could not get her breath. She was wheezing, trying to cough and really panicking. I remembered a note in her school bag from earlier in the week that a kid in her class had croup, so I didn't get too worried--at first. But after about 10 minutes of her trying to catch her breath, I must admit, I was getting rattled. We knew from a couple of years ago when she had croup to get the bathroom steamy or get some cold air, so we took her outside (it was in the twenties) while the shower got hot. After both of those treatments, she began to settle down some. I went back to bed with her and she only woke a couple more times, but nothing quite as dramatic. After a visit with the doctor this morning, we will be spending the next couple of days resting in and hoping the steriods he gave her make tonight a better one.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Poor Kinsey! It is no fun when your babies are sick. We hope she feels better very soon!