Jan 24, 2008

Once in a Blue Moon






January 24, 2008 It's only once in a blue moon that I think it sounds like a good idea to take my children to Chuck E Cheese. Tonight was that night. Jack was out of town for a convention and I thought we might do something special. So, hello greasy pizza and germs, bye-bye money in my pocket. Kinsey has been to CEC 3 times I think, and up until now has been pretty content "playing" games without putting the money in the slot. It used to actually be a pretty cheap date with her. Ah, the good ol' days. Tonight, I actually witnessed her dropping the token in the slot, changing her mind and walking off. My eyes are welling up just typing about it! Anyway, we ended up meeting Katie and the Miller boys, 10 and 14, whom Kinsey idolizes. And for good reason--they are so sweet with her. Notice them cheering her on at the basketball game. And Mitchell even agreed to ride in the monster truck with Max. Humiliating for most kids his age. Max's favorite, by far, was the Bob the Builder bulldozer. They sure went to bed fast though. Maybe the quiet IS worth the madness afterall.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I say the madness is definitely work the quiet! Grace has not had her first trip to CEC yet but my pocketbook feels it coming soon!