Jul 19, 2009

Lovin' Lake Lanier!







Thanks to our friends who hosted a wonderful Sunday School social at their lakehouse this weekend, we were able to make our first family trip to Lake Lanier for something other than the Christmas lights. Saturday, we loaded the camper and headed to Duckett Mill campground right on the lake. After a quick setup, we drove over to the party for hours of water fun and a yummy cookout dinner. My favorite lake memory was when all four of us piled on the jetski for a cruise around the lake (my dad is cringing right now just thinking of me on a jetski!) We also all enjoyed taking turns on the kayaks. Jack made some delish homemade blueberry ice cream that I was sad to see disappear. Back at the campsite, the kids hit the sack while Jack and I watched the last part of the sunset and listened to crickets with drink in hand. This morning, the kids actually slept in on my one morning off! Wahoo!!! Jack made us pancakes and bacon for breakfast and then we played in the lake one more time, grilled burgers for lunch and hit the road to head home. I could really get used to this!

1 comment:

JTP said...

I know I say this everytime, but your pictures ae so good :-) I LOVE the one of your son with his pants about to fall off :-)