Feb 7, 2009

Race Day




Kinsey had a big night last night. She had her first friend-sleepover with Hannah. They went to a movie, ate pizza and then played a bit before bed. I had the phone lying next to my bed all night thinking I'd get a middle-of-the-night phone call, but apparently she didn't miss me as much as I thought she would.

So I picked her up bright and early for her first official road race, the WCA Dr. Floyd Memorial. After her run with me the other week, she's been begging me to run a real race and this was the first one I could find in the area with a one-mile fun run. Dr. Floyd was also Kinsey's pediatrician, so it was bitter sweet. Jack and Max decided to run along with us (well Max technically rolled the race.) Kinsey was a superstar and ran the whole way at a really decent pace. She's definitely NOT her competitive mother's daughter yet because 3 or 4 times, she would turn around, run to the nearest kid BEHIND her and say "Will you be my friend?" I kept tellin her to save her interpersonal skills for after the race!!!

I decided to stay and run the 5K. If I'd have done my research on the course, I would've surely not chosen to pay money to torture myself. It was horribly hilly! However, I still got my best time and even won 2nd place in my age catagory. I won't tell you how many were in my age catagory, but it WAS less than 10! ;)

No comments: