Feb 3, 2009

Malcom in the Middle (School)

To my mother-in-law's great dismay, I have a new class pet. Meet Malcom. He is a deer mouse that has been making appearances in almost all of the 7th grade classrooms and eluding our attempts to catch him for 4+ weeks now. I actually caught him by hand a couple of weeks ago, but he jumped loose. Yesterday, Malcom made a visit into my second period class and with great teamwork efforts, we were able to herd him into a box. I decided to keep him as a class pet to reward the efforts of my students (and all the stress that the teachers have been put through.) This is probably the first and last picture I will ever post of Malcom for Beth's sake, but I, personally, think he is pretty cute and have grown a little attached to the little guy!

No comments: