Jul 7, 2008

Lake Keowee--Part 2

What a week we had at Lake Keowee--and actioned packed! You can tell by my pictures that I had a hard time narrowing down. OK, so it looks like I didn't narrow down, but I did. After a couple of quiet days (aside from one black eye on Kinsey) just swimming in the lake and tubing, my sister and her family and Jack joined us for the holiday weekend. Besides the 4th, we were also celebrating my sister's birthday Saturday. So, the black eye came from a tubing accident where Kinsey's eye and my knee became aquainted. Fortunately, after a quick cry, we did convince her to "saddle up" and try again. Although, she was much more subdued and didn't yell at Papa the boat driver for "more bump bumps" after the collision.





Friday night was a bit of a letdown due to the Fire Marshall in the area banning the Cliffs fireworks show, so we had to settle for some dollar bottle rockets across the cove and the sound of some magnificent show somewhere beyond the trees. :( Saturday was my best day bar none! Mom treated Laura and I to an hour-long trail ride where we all enjoyed some much needed peace and quiet. Later, after the most delicious Lobstergram-delivered dinner and grocery-store birthday cake (my sister's request), Jack built a campfire on the beach by the lake and we roasted marshmallows and made S'mores and dusk. Afterwards, the Patricks (minus Max who was inside the house) had a makeshift campout in Nanny and Papadad's backyard. The kids got Jack a tent for Valentines Day and we just hadn't had the chance to try it out. Kinsey was simply glowing all night.


Sunday, we took all the kids to the park for a quick play on the playground and it was off to the stables for a pony ride. Even Max got a turn playing cowboy with Sugar the pony.


And what kind of wife would I be if I didn't mention Jack's "big catch" on Sunday. The guys had a successful fishing trip to cap off the weekend.

No comments: