Nov 8, 2009

"Sweet" Afternoon


The weather we have had this week reminds me why this is my favorite time of year. The rains and flooding lately have made it hard to see, but it was worth the wait. This is my favorite weather for early-morning runs and late-night marshmallow roasts in the backyard.

It was also PERFECT for a little retreat to Atlanta this afternoon. After church, we headed to Sweetwater Park past Atlanta to visit my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Robert, and my cousin Catherine and her adorable baby Graham, who have been visiting for the weekend. The park was beautiful and much of it is centered around this amazing lake. The little kids really enjoyed each other's company (as well as the company of many brave ducks and geese.) Jack and I definitely considered it a successful trip to the park because Max never ended up in the water, although we were sure he would, and Kinsey didn't fall out of any of the big trees she climbed, although we ended up sacrificing a pair of tights at the end of the day!

It was so great seeing everyone (even if I felt like I hardly got to complete a thought or sentence before Max was either at water's edge or eye to eye with a goose.) Precious family is what it's all about! Love you guys!

Oh yeah, it was confirmed today that we REALLY live in the country, when my children announced as we drove through ATL, "Wow, look--the CITY! I want to go to the city sometime." We gotta get out more often! ;)

Kinsey loved climbing trees with the help of a very patient Uncle Robert

Max's version of tree-climbing

Is Graham the CUTEST kid ever or what?!?

Max meets his match

Kinsey figured these guys out pretty quick.

How perfect are these two?

No comments: