Aug 9, 2009

What's Up, Doc?






Last week was a week filled with excitement, anticipation and most certainly DREAD! On Monday, after dealing with pain and discomfort for almost a year, Jack went in to have exploratory surgery on his shoulder. The doctors and therapists believed he had torn his labrum, which I think is a ring of cartilage separating his shoulder and the socket it sits in. We were both a bit suprised to find out post-surgery that in ADDITION to a torn labrum, he also had a torn rotator cuff and a bone spur which were all fixed arthroscopically, thank goodness. So six weeks of immobilization and a sling-wearing, physically therapy-attending husband is what I've got on my hands. Two days after surgery is Kinsey's first day of "big school" as well as MY first day with students. Kinsey, my bus-riding daugther (I can't believe that part) had a wonderful first week and was lucky enough to get our good friend and neighbor as her teacher. We are soooo excited! So needless to say, it was a long and exhausting week. I am continuing with my marathon training and am halfway there, but will willingly admit that this was hands down the hardest week and I'm NOT referring to my muscles or joints. This back-to-school routine is going to take some getting used to. So, aside from a small bus mishap (I will tell nothing more than my five-year-old told her bus driver where she WANTED to be dropped off which didn't match where she was SUPPOSED to be dropped off and SHE won--all turned out fine,) the we conquered the week and are ready for more. Bring it on!!!

No comments: