Dec 16, 2008

Random Fun







Tonight, Jack was invited to go to a hockey game with some guys from work, so spur-of-the-moment, I decided to take the kids out and hunt down some Christmas fun. We hit the jackpot! I should've known the night was going to be awesome, when, at dinner, our favorite celebrity coach, Mark Richt, came up to my red-clad family and told us how spirited we looked. If you've ever seen "Dirty Dancing" and remember the scence where Jennifer Grey gets tongue-tied and says "Uh, I carried a watermelon", then you can picture how graceful I was when he asked me why we were ewearing so much red. "Uh, today was hat day" was all I could muster up! What a dork. Today WAS hat day at my school, and I'm all about not having to fix my hair, so I wore my UGA hat and sweatshirt. Who knew I would run into Mr. Bulldog himself!

Celebrity sighting aside, we ended up at the Zaxby's HQ Toys For Tots Christmas party. This place was precious! 3 wedding tents--one converted into a mini theater playing classic Christmas movies and two with drinks and snacks. The office foyer was staged as a beautiful, snowy North Pole, complete with a very friendly and photogenic Santa. Max kept going back to see him, each time getting braver and braver, until finally his third trip back he decided to try sitting on his lap. Finally, a caroling hayride through a beautifully decorated neighborhood and a sit by the bonfire wrapped up our night. I hear a new tradition calling!!! ;)

2 comments:

Zaxby's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JTP said...

how do you find such Christmas fun???? Maybe next year when William is more into the spirit I will be able to find fun things to do too :-) Oh and I'm jealous of your celebrity sighting... When I met Pat Conroy all I could get out was "teacher too" I'm such a loser to act that way about an author...just think what'd happen if I ran into Tim McGraw....